Star Fish Beach

It's not the official name of the beach but the one that I gave it.  As we approached in the dinghy, we could see huge, very beautiful orange colored star fish all over the seabed.  Every now and then we saw the "babies", tiny ones that looked just like the big ones and fit in the palm of my hand.  I only held them long enough for the photos and then I returned them to their homes in the sand.  Just beautiful and a wonder to behold...







So, as in my previous blog, since they call it like they see it in the Bahamas....I decided to name this beach, "Star Fish Beach".  We have been at anchor in this area for a few days and the winds have been so fierce that launching the dink was not an option.  But today provided a break and we went for it.  So glad we did as we were rewarded with an awesome experience walking the beach as well as the sand flats where I found my first conch!


My first Conch harvest, and he's a biggun!!

 I saw miniature coconut trees (not a hybrid, just young trees with little tiny "berries" which were immature coconuts), beautiful slabs of limestone rocks, Casuarina trees (kinda like our pine trees) and to hear the wind rustling through these trees is Magical.

The tiny "berries" will some day become full grown coconuts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crossing

Conch-y Tonkin

A 3 Day Wrap Up